There are many reasons why people book celebrity appearances. While some bookings are meant to be frivolous, others serve to further noble causes or promote a business. The following article includes a brief list and discussion of some of the most popular reasons people and organizations choose to hire celebrities. If you or your company is in need of a full service celebrity booking company, consider hiring the FIMI Group, a Los Angeles based marketing firm who specializes in developing celebrity partnerships. While this list is far from exhaustive, it may demonstrate how you can effectively utilize a celebrity to entice consumers, boost your company’s reputation, recruit donors, further a cause, or simply to impress your friends.
- Many companies choose to have a celebrity endorsement for a new product. From a business standpoint, this is arguably one of the most effective methods for drawing consumer attention to a new product. Try and select a celebrity who is in some way connected to what you are selling. A great example of this would be hiring a famous race car driver to endorse a certain type of motor oil. As a famous race car driver, this celebrity assumes the credibility of an automobile expert. Another excellent example in this regard is if you are selling a break through acne medication, hire someone famous who has a history of struggling with acne problems. Potential customers will be able to relate to this celebrity, and will believe that this new product has the potential to revolutionize their lives.
- To bring in donors to an event for charity or humanitarian aid. This sector of celebrity bookings is growing rapidly, as many celebrities are willing to advocate for charities and humanitarian causes they believe in at a significantly discounted rate. Some celebrities are even willing to do this for free if it is something they feel strongly about.
- To attend a party and wow their friends. While this may be considered to be one of the more frivolous reasons to bring in a celebrity, it is still an important part of the industry. The main type of private events celebrities are booked for are milestone birthdays such as the “sweet sixteen” or the “dirty thirty.” Musical celebrities are also sometimes hired to play private concerts at events such as this.
- To support environmental campaigns. This sector of celebrity bookings is also on the rise. Significant environmental damage has occurred over the last two centuries, and celebrities seem to be on the forefront of supporting environmental recovery efforts. Some of the most visible environmental causes being supported by celebrities right now include: saving the rainforest, preserving different species natural habitats, reducing the population’s carbon footprint, stopping global warming, and natural disaster recovery efforts. The progress made by several famous celebrities in this arena demonstrates how fame can be put to very good use.
- Some political parties hire celebrities for political endorsements. The endorsement of a politician by someone famous can have an enormous impact on a political race. In fact, hiring a well-respected celebrity has been shown to drastically change the outcome in some close political races.