Some people can lose weight easily by exercising and cutting down on sweets for a bit, but for some, it can be a struggle. Depending on your metabolism, health history, and many other factors, it can take you longer to shed those extra pounds. For some, it can even prove to be down right impossible. This is where medical weight loss treatments can be a life-changer. Like any medical procedure, it should not be taken lightly. You have to take into consideration every risk. We have a few things to consider before deciding whether medical weight loss is right for you.
- Hormone Imbalances: People with hormone imbalances find it almost impossible to lose weight without some form of medical help. This can be hormone treatments or other, more invasive options. Speak to your doctor to see if this is something you should be concerned about if you have a hard time losing weight on your own.
- Overall Health: Do you have medical conditions that can make medical weight loss procedures dangerous? People with heart conditions, very high blood pressure, or other similar concerns might not be the best candidates for weight loss surgery, though they might benefit from other forms of medical weight loss. Ask your doctor if you have any preexisting conditions that can cause problems throughout a surgery or other invasive procedures.
- How Overweight Are You?: Most doctors will not consider weight loss surgery unless you are at least 100 pounds over your natural weight. Since 100 pounds is difficult to lose and people who are that overweight usually have health issues that need speedy results, surgery can be the best option.
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse: If you are an addict, chances are that your doctor will not approve a surgery or medical procedure. This is because they cannot be sure that you will abstain from drugs or alcohol through the recovery process and, therefore, cannot guarantee your safety.
- Limited Mobility: If your weight makes it impossible to do everyday tasks and has limited your mobility, you should speak with your doctor about medical weight loss options. You deserve to be healthy, and sometimes the only way this is possible is with surgery.
- Age: Weight loss surgery is not an option for people under 18, but it can also be an issue for people who are older than 60. It is up to your doctor to tell you if your age is an issue when it comes to surgery. It will depend on your overall health, your immune system and your lifestyle.
Not everyone is a candidate for medical weight loss options. Your body needs to be strong enough to deal with the recovery process and you cannot be a drug addict or an alcoholic. Natural Bio Health can help you see if you should consider surgery or if you are better off trying to exercise and diet. By taking the time to speak with your doctor about your options you will be ensuring that you are safe as you get healthier.