You may have been wondering about support services that can help to improve your company. Support services are things that go hand in hand with businesses and without them your business could not reach its maximum potential. When considering things about your company and businesses in general think about the things that a business needs to do to do well. You need to find your niche in the market meaning that you need to solve or create a need people have and use your business as a way to fill that need. Usually filling that need is through the use of selling a good or service on the open market so you can make money which will allow you to keep producing that good and gave enough money left over for yourself which is your profit. So the first thing that is important about business is the things that you do to produce or provide that good or service to people. I like to think of this aspect of business as the thing that the business owner is responsible for. As a business owner you are charged with producing a product with consistent quality and price. Now the other part of business is your customers who are the people you sell things too, without your customers your business would fail so you always want to treat them right. Support services will target either one of these two aspects either trying to make your production more efficient or managing your customers so they buy your product to support your business. I will be focusing on the latter of those two things and when you are trying to deal with customers that falls into the realm of marketing and public relations. Both of these are related to each other and they function fairly similarly so that is a good thing to keep in mind. If you need a good company to do public relations for you I would suggest you check out etc Advertising as they are one of the best i©ƒn the business so keep that in mind. Read on for more information about marketing and public relations with regards to what it can do for your company.
The first thing that you need to know about public relations is that it is used to make people understand more about your business. There are a lot of different businesses out there so having customers choose just one to get that particular good or service that they need. So you need to get the word out about what your company is and what you do to your potential customers so they can buy your product. People like to buy things from companies that they know and trust which is important to them. They want to know that you company is responsible and gives back to the community in some way. They also are more likely to buy things from a company the know really well. Public relations aims to do this through using media sources to help promote your business.
Negative publicity can happen to any business, big or small. This can stem from a miscommunication or an unmet expectation. The reasons may vary but a business owner must always be prepared for it. Here are the 9 things that you can do after a negative publicity.
- Listen to what your customer has to say. Often a negative comment comes from miscommunication. When it comes to crisis management, the best way to correct this is by knowing what the origin or the problem was. Getting as much information as possible prepares you to create solutions.
- Think before you respond. It easy to get defensive and feel like you are being personally attacked when your company is criticized. All top PR agencies would advise you to not respond in anger or frustrations. Make sure to step back and think before you respond.
- Acknowledge a negative feedback quickly. Do not let it sit too long or its effects will be greater. Acknowledging negative feedback lets your customers know that you value making sure they receive good service.
- Apologize when needed. Sometimes all a customer really wants to hear is an apology. Say sorry when it is needed. Make sure not to apologize when you are not really at fault. This may come off as fake to your customers.
- Take appropriate action. When confronted with an issue, especially these directly affecting your customers, do something about it fast. Taking action provides you with a chance to redeem any miscommunication or mistakes that was committed. Taking action even in small issues go a long way.
- Ask for time if you need it. Some resolutions cannot be carried out instantly. In these cases make sure that you let your customers know that something is being done about their concern. Give them a reasonable time frame for issue resolution.
- Use facts to answer questions. Answer inquiries about the issue using the applicable facts and statistics. It is a good practice to use facts when it comes to public relations. Using made up answers to appease your customers will only produce some more negative experiences.
- Encourage positive feedback. An effective way to fight negative publicity is through positive publicity. If you have had customers in the past that are willing to vouch for you or give you positive feedback, encourage them. Positive feedbacks coming from other customers are useful for reputation management. You want your other customers and prospects know that they can develop a trust based relationship with you.
- Take notes. After the crisis and the resolution, the next best thing is to learn from it. You can learn from a negative feedback by knowing what your company is lacking and how you can improve your products and services. You can learn from the steps you took to resolve conflict by knowing the steps that can be taken in the future. Use negative publicity to your advantage by taking notes on the important lessons it has taught you.