Cleaning a kitchen can be a daunting task, especially if you are someone who uses it a lot and who does not regularly clean it. Food stains can get on everything and many of them are tricky to remove. If you are looking for the best ways to get your kitchen clean, we have asked some home cleaning professionals for their tips and advice. There are a number of things you should try when looking to get your kitchen clean.
- Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide can be a great tool when it comes to cleaning your kitchen counters. It works wonders in removing dried coffee stains and sauce stains. Some people add a few drops of ammonia to the peroxide for extra disinfecting.
- Tiles: If you have tile floors and if you have a backsplash in your kitchen, many house cleaners recommend using baking soda and water. Mix it together and apply it to the floors and walls. Scrub clean with a brush or mop and you will get sparkling tiles that will look brand new. Baking soda is a great disinfectant, as well, so you will know your surfaces are clean.
- Wood: If you have wooden floors or cabinets, using white vinegar and water can clean them and give them a sparkling shine. There are many white vinegar products designed just for cleaning, so you can search these out, too.
- Oil Stains: Oil stains are known for how tough they can be to remove. The best way to do it is to use a bit of warm water and dish soap. Rub it into the stain and then rinse. Repeat as many times as necessary to get the stain out. A good tool for this is a brush.
- Tarnish: Tarnish can develop in copper and bronze pans and pots. A great way of clearing this off is to use ketchup. Rub a bit of it into the tarnished spot and then rinse with water. You will be amazed at the difference in the way the pot or pan looks.
- Narrow Vases: It can be frustrating to clean narrow vases or containers of any kind because your hand might not fit inside. The best way to clean them is to fill them with water and drop a couple of Alka Seltzer tables inside. They will do the job of cleaning and then all you have to do is rinse out the container or vase.
- Garbage Disposal: Your garbage disposal also needs to be cleaned. The right way to do this is to make ice cubes with water and vinegar and then thrown them into the disposal. Crunch them up to release the vinegar which can disinfect.
These are all very useful tips for cleaning your kitchen. They are techniques that have been used by house cleaning professionals, making them invaluable. If you are dreading having to clean your kitchen, you no longer have to worry. Using these tips will save you time and effort while leaving you with a clean kitchen ready to be used.