So you have moved to a new city or state, and now you need to figure out how to find all of the things that you could possibly need. You knew where everything was in your last home from the grocery store to the emergency room to the closest form of public transportation. Your favorite pizza place was nearby, and your kids’ school was down the street. Figuring all of these things out in a new place is daunting but exciting, and part of the fun of moving is getting explore a new city and find your new favorite spots. Here are a few of the things you will want to look for in the very beginning when you move to a new place.
- Medical care – This is important for everyone, but especially if you have children. Locating the nearest emergency room and finding a new family doctor should be at the top of the list of priorities when arriving in your new location. Once you have figured out where you are going to live you can find a conveniently located doctor, dentist, urgent care center, and hospital for all of your possible medical needs.
- Mechanic – If you have car trouble, you are going to want to have an established relationship with a mechanic ahead of time. Doing this early on with a basic service such as oil change can help you figure out who you like and who has the best service for the best price. If you wait until you are in an emergency situation to find a mechanic, you are going to pay the price.
- Locksmith – Like a mechanic, you want to know where the nearest, most reliable locksmith is going to be. Hopefully you are in an area service by Mobile Locksmith Pros, because they are able to change your lock or help you if you are locked out of your car or home at any hour of the day or night. Truly a 24 hour locksmith you can call them when no one else is awake or when everyone else is busy during the day, and they will be there for you.
- Schools – With most public schools you probably do not have a choice about where your children will go, but you can locate it and figure out how they are going to get there pretty easily. Locate the nearest bus stop, or determine what time you need to leave the house if you are going to drive them to school.
- Pizza place – Food in general is an important part of your new lifestyle. Finding a new favorite pizza place for Friday night pizza and movies, your nearest grocery store, and any other restaurants you might want to try is an important part of socializing yourself and your family into your new neighborhood. There is no better way to get a sense of the area in which you are living, meet new people, and find out more about the community. Get recommendations from the internet, neighbors, or new co-workers.